- Barefoot Lakes in Firestone: Nature’s delights in a brand-new residential community
- Enjoy the Ride: Pedal to Properties
- At Home Colorado – Boulder County Edition 03.24.17
- Why millennials are choosing FHA Loans in 2017
- At Home Colorado – Northern Colorado Edition 03.18.17
- At Home Colorado – Boulder County Edition 03.17.17
- YardSmart: Two steps to seed starting success
- Peas a perfect spring crop
- Live the big time life in Boulder
- RE/MAX of Boulder awarded highest honor
- WK Real Estate welcomes Matthew Jensen
- ERA Tradewind congratulates John Burns on receiving Rookie of the Year Award
- Home showing etiquette 101
- The Hewes House: Own a piece of mid-mod history
- Boulder Creek Neighborhoods: A whole new approach to home and lifestyle
- Tips for cozy basements and lower level
- Top home inspection problems
- Windermere celebrates two years in metro Denver market
- This event has passed.
Interfaith Quilters of Longmont Annual Quilt Show and Sale
March 4 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$1.00
Interfaith Quilters of Longmont is hosting their 31st Annual Quilt Show and Sale, March 3 to 4 at the First Lutheran Church located at 803 Third Ave. in Longmont.
The proceeds from these hand- and machine-made quilts will benefit the OUR (Outreach United Resource) Center and the Safe Shelter of the St. Vrain Valley. This event is traditionally held on the first weekend in March.
The preview will be open Friday, March 3 from 5 to 8 p.m. (no sales). The $5 admission to the preview includes admission to the sale on Saturday, March 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday’s admission, for those who don’t attend Friday’s preview, is $1. Methods of payment include cash, check and credit card.
The featured quilters this year are many of Interfaith Quilters’ own talented members. The selected members will have a section to display their own creations, and discuss how they are made.
Quilters are artists who use fabric as their paint. They hope to inspire you to try some form of quilting such as paper piecing, machine and hand quilting, art quilts, applique and more. You will certainly be amazed at the variety and quality of these personal collections.
There will be about 600 quilts of various types for sale on Saturday. The variety is wonderful – see baby crib, lap and bed-sized quilts as well as juvenile styles, wall hangings, table toppers, pillows and placemats of all colors and themes. There is something for everybody. Everything is reasonably priced and of superb quality. Best of all, the proceeds help OUR Center and Safe Shelter of the St. Vrain Valley.
Come view the quilts on Friday evening and buy the ones that captivate you on Saturday. You will be helping your local community and yourself at the same time. The customer service volunteers (in blue aprons) will assist you in finding gifts for birthdays, babies, holidays, yourself, etc. and bring them to the check out counter for you.
Quilt appraisal is also offered by Jeananne Wright.
If you have a quilt that you would like to have appraised at the show, make an appointment with Jeananne – she is very experienced in this process.
Call 303.772.7684 for an appointment.
Interfaith Quilters serve the community all year long by donating items to OUR Center, Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley, Quilts of Valor, Mountain States Childrens Home and meeting other needs that arise in the community during the year.
This active group of quilters is composed of about 150 volunteers with various degrees of experience. It is a great place to learn to quilt or to just get inspiration for that quilt you have been meaning to sew.
They gather most Mondays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the First Lutheran Church on the corner of Third Avenue and Terry Street in Longmont. Bring your own lunch. New members are always welcome.